The all new ART Digital MPA-II delivers all of the same great features of the ProMPA with the added versatility of digital output. Like the ProMPA-II, each input circuit has 48v phantom power and features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The Digital MPA-II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The input section of the Digital MPA-II operates at either a low or high plate voltage applied to the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain and digital output levels.
In addition to XLR and 1/4" analog outputs, the Digital MPA-II features a high quality A to D converter which offers digital connectivity on S/PDIF, ADAT, or AES/EBU outputs. A rotary control on the front panel allows selection of format and sample rates from 44.1 to 192 KHz and 16 bit dithering. There is also a push button for, and two wordclock jacks, allowing loop-through.
The Digital MPA-II comes in a standard 2u space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel.
• Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
• Selectable Plate Voltage
• Large VU Meters
• Backlit Function Switches
• Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
• Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
• Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
• Wide Frequency Response
• Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
• Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
• Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
• Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
• Automatic Instrument Input Selection
• 24-204KHz External sample rate
• 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Internal sample rates
• 24/16 bit switchable dithering
• Wide dynamic range A/D
• Rotary Encoder for quick selection of sample rate
• Separate analog and digital output level controls