ART VOICE CHANNEL
The ART VoiceChannel is the perfect complete channel input strip for recording, broadcast or high profile live applications where maximum performance and detail is required. Designed to deliver in critical applications where full control of the audio source is required, the VoiceChannel combines a single Class-A tube mic preamp, full-featured dynamics control, De-esser, expander and semi-parametric EQ into one unit with analog and digital output as well as the ability to direct connect to any computer or laptop via integrated USB port.
Designed to be a powerful channel strip and the ideal all in one input solution for analog or digital recording, each stage of the VoiceChannel's signal path provides full control and a full feature set for each component, making it the perfect choice for tracking critical vocals and solo instruments.
The VoiceChannel's preamp section uses a Class-A tube design with variable input impedance and selectable tube plate voltage to create the most versatile high performance microphone preamplifiers in their class. Capable of delivering incredible warmth, presence and clarity 12AX7A vacuum tube used in the circuit delivers controlled 'musical sounding' overload characteristics for added warmth and presence, while maintaining a wide dynamic range with unsurpassed sonic detail and clarity.
- Ideal input solution for any recording application
- Fully Featured Tube Microphone Preamplifier with Selectable plate Voltage and Variable Input Impedance
- Exceptional warmth and definition from proven ART Tube Preamp design
- Smooth musical sounding dynamics control including Compressor / Expander / De-Esser / Gate
- Powerful Parametric EQ selectable Pre or Post Compressor in signal path
- Flexible digital connectivity including ADAT Lite-pipe / AES/EBU / S/PDIF / TOSLink Digital Output supports 44.1 to 192 KHz Sample Rates
- USB direct-connect to computer or laptop
- Microphone Gain: 0 dB to +60 dB
- Instrument Gain: +3 dB to +40 dB
- Boost/Cut: +12 dB on each band
- Low Freq. Tuning: 50/150 Hz Selectable
- MID 1 Freq. Tuning: 100 Hz to 3 KHz continuously variable
- MID 2 Freq. Tuning: 500 Hz to 15 KHz continuously variable
- High Freq. Tuning: 5K/15 KHz Selectable
- Attack Time: 250 uSec. to 100 mSec.
- Release Time: 100 mSec to 3 Sec.
- De-esser Tuning: .5 KHz to 15 KHz continuously variable
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Expander Slope: 1:1.5
- Analog In to Analog Out: 12 Hz to 100 KHz +0, -1 dB
- Analog In to Digital Out: 12 Hz to 20 KHz +0, -1 dB @ 44.1 KHz sample rate
16 Hz to 42 KHz +0, -1 dB @ 96 KHz
- THD: 1 KHz <.015% typical
20 to 20 KHz <.033% typical
- Mic/Line: -130 dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, "A" weighted
- Instrument: -105 dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, "A" weighted
- Wordclock Range: 30 KHz to 204 KHz
- Sample Rates: 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176 KHz, 192 KHz
- USB Minimum System Requirements: USB 1.1 compliant, Windows 98SE or newer, Mac OS 9.1 or newer