Arturia KeyStep 37 37-key Controller & Sequencer
CREATIVE IDEA GENERATOR
A controller, evolved. KeyStep 37 combines a flexible 37-note keyboard with intuitive sequencing, instant chord generation and creative real-time MIDI controls that let you discover and interact with music like never before.
37-note Slimkey keyboard
With velocity, aftertouch and real-time RGB LED indicators for a comfortable, responsive performance
Creative sequencer and arpeggiator
Sequence up to 64-steps with 8-note polyphony and 8 pattern slots, or explore 8 modes of arpeggiation.
Supercharged Chord mode
Generate instant chord sequences that respond to your velocity, with 12 chord types, and an articulate instrument-like strum control.
Connect to your computer, your desktop MIDI synths, or your CV & modular gear for simultaneous control over hardware and software.
Quantize the keyboard and never play a wrong note. Choose from 5 scales, including a user-defined scale, to set your own musical terms.
Assignable MIDI CC controls
Interact with your hardware and software with 16 assignable MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks.
More is more
The same velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed as the KeyStep Pro, complete with aftertouch and RGB LED feedback. A lightweight and compact keyboard that offers full and familiar creative flexibility, whatever your style or ability.
At the center of KeyStep 37’s interface we’ve added 4 new control knobs with a screen, giving you instant access to inspiring new expressive tools and MIDI tweaking - total control.
Music made interactive
KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode takes your single note melodies and unfinished ideas and transforms them into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and velocity settings and make your music really sing.
Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale - never play a wrong note again.
Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
The core of your setup
KeyStep 37 is designed to be put in control. An accessible interface, a compact design and comprehensive connectivity make it the perfect centerpiece for your rig - whatever your needs.
Hook up your synth hardware with MIDI in/out. Control your favorite VST instruments with MIDI over USB. Use CV pitch, gate and mod conn
- Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports
- Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
- Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 21.7 x 5.78 x 1.38 inches (550 x 147 x 35mm)
- Instrument weight : 3.5 lbs. (1.6 Kg)
- KeyStep 37 unit
- Anti-ground loop adapter
- USB cable