The XLS 1000,is the integrated DriveCore technology. Class D amps are known for their high efficiency and for being well suited to drive difficult, reactive loads... such as subwoofers. Yet, one problem Class D amps have is that they can suffer impaired performance when they're being fed by unstable AC lines. To overcome this issue, Crown came up with DriveCore - it's a hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit that provides an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions. That means, even if you plug into an unreliable wall outlet, you can enjoy consistent performance without affecting audio quality. In short, demanding equipment like lighting rigs and backline gear won't interfere with the sound - as it should be.
Other features on the XLS 1000 - which you're looking at now - include Crown's PureBand Crossover System. With this system, you can vary the crossover frequency, choosing any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. And with four crossover modes to choose from, you know your needs will be covered. Finally, the XLS 1000 features Crown's Peak-x limiters to help you achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. What it comes down to, is that you'll enjoy less distortion, less shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your important speaker investments.
Crown XLS 1000 Power Amplifier Features:
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peak-x Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Provides 215W/channel at 8 ohms, 350W/channel at 4 ohms, 700W at 8 ohms bridged