Midas PRO SERIES DL451 Modular Stage Box with 3 Card Slots and up to 24 Inputs and 24 Outputs
PRO SERIES DL451 Modular Stage Box with 3 Card Slots and up to 24 Inputs and 24 Outputs
DL451 is a 3U 19" modular configurable rack mount I/O unit with provision for 3 DL4 Series interface cards and up to 24 audio inputs and 24 audio outputs. With two AES50 network ports and two Ethernet control ports providing dual redundancy, plus a MIDI Interface (In, Out, Thru)
PRO SERIES DL451
Modular Stage Box with 3 Card Slots and up to 24 Inputs and 24 Outputs
- Modular stage box accepts 3 DL4 series I/O cards
- Up to 24 audio inputs and 24 audio outputs
- 24 bit audio operation with 96 kHz sample rate
- Remote operation up to 80 m via CAT5/5e cable
- All settings programmable from front panel controls or console
- PSU status indicator LEDs and configuration LCD display on front panel
- Supports dual redundant AES50 (X and Y) networks
- Two GPIO 25-pin D-type opto-isolated connectors for external device control
- MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors
- Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 network ports
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
PRO SERIES DL451
DL451 is a 3U 19" modular configurable rack mount I/O unit with provision for 3 DL4 Series interface cards and up to 24 audio inputs and 24 audio outputs. With two AES50 network ports and two Ethernet control ports providing dual redundancy, plus a MIDI Interface (In, Out, Thru), the DL451 is the ideal partner to all MIDAS PRO Series digital consoles, enabling a digital snake connection from Front of House to stage or to provide additional local I/O at the console mix position.
Modular Expansion Cards
Five DL4 Series card options are available for DL451:
- DL441 - 8 Analogue Mic/Line Input Card with MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers
- DL442 - 8 Analogue Line Output Card
- DL443 - Analogue 8 Input, 8 Output Card with ¼ " TRS Connectors
- DL444 - Analogue 8 Input, 8 Output Card with MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers and D-Type Connectors
- DL452 - AES3 Digital 8 Input, 8 Output Card with Sample Rate Conversion
DL451 can accept up to 3 of these cards in any combination. The DLIO-BP blanking plate is also available as an accessory should not all card positions be populated.
Digital Audio Networking
SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) digital audio networking technology from KLARK TEKNIK simultaneously provides high channel counts, ultra low and deterministic latencies, sample-synchronous and phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection and correction, network redundancy, and ease of deployment and use – to meet the demanding requirements of live concert touring.
DL451 is compatible with all MIDAS PRO Series digital consoles and audio system engines, as well as with any other 96 kHz-enabled AES50-equipped devices.
Remote Console or Front Panel Control
All configuration settings for DL451 can be set either remotely from the mixing console, or directly via the intuitive and easy to understand front panel. DL451 features a front panel LCD display with intuitive menu navigation for all configuration options with LED status indicators, which provide clear feedback of operational status over wide viewing angles and distances. Clear indication is provided showing power supply output rail condition and AES50 and Ethernet network connection status and activity.
External Control Ports
DL451 features two General Purpose (GPIO) 25-pin D-type connectors for external device control, one for inputs and the other for outputs, which are opto-isolated to ensure galvanic isolation and avoid ground loops. External trigger events received via the input port are relayed to the PRO Series control centre, and external devices can in turn be triggered from the output port in response to scene change messages inserted in the console automation show file running in the control centre. An industry-standard MIDI interface (In, Out, Thru) is also provided to send and receive MIDI messages which can also be used in conjunction with the control centre’s automation system.