Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite USB - QUAD Core
The UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Windows-based PC users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more.
With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite USB makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo Twin USB audio interfaces.
NOW YOU CAN:
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs
- Get a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex,® Lexicon,® Fender,® Studer,® Neve,® Manley,® SSL,® EMT,® API,® MXR® and more
- Start mixing right away with the included Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Windows-based PCs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on PC's running Windows
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on USB 3-equipped Windows PC's
- Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages
- All packages include Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more (VST, RTAS, AAX 64)
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB
- Supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- Try before you buy with the 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins
- Access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins Library/Online Store
- Fan-free design for silent operation
- Fan-less USB 3.0 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support (DAW dependent)
USB System Requirements
- Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- Available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port*
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not tested for Apollo Twin USB or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite USB is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for truly scalable mixing power.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."