M32R Digital Console for Live and Studio with 40 Input Channels, 16 MIDAS PRO Microphone Preamplifiers and 25 Mix Buses
Digital Console for Live and Studio with 40 Input Channels, 16 MIDAS PRO Microphone Preamplifiers and 25 Mix Buses
- Live performance and studio recording digital console with up to 40 simultaneous input channels
- 16 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- Open architecture allows for future 96 kHz operation
- 192 kHz ADC and DAC converters for outstanding audio performance
- Industry-leading design by Bentley* Motors Designer
- High-performance aluminium and high-impact steel structure
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 17 MIDAS PRO motorised 100 mm faders
- Daylight viewable 5” full colour TFT display screen
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- DAW remote control emulations of Mackie Control* and HUI* protocols
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS Apps for iPhone* and iPad*
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Designing A Future Classic
Why High-Performance Cars?
Simply because the design teams at Aston Martin*, Bentley*, Rolls Royce*, and other leading manufacturers are skilled at introducing innovative technological advancements while simultaneously maintaining the feel, essence, and intangible qualities of their cherished brands. And in essence, that’s the challenge we too faced when creating the M32R console. So in order to create a future-forward design that took the MIDAS legacy even further, we enlisted the help of Rajesh Kutty, a leading industrial designer known for his work with celebrated luxury auto manufacturers such as Bentley, etc. Kutty started by examining the design elements that have made MIDAS consoles so highly sought after – from the straightforward, logical layout to the unparalleled usability and ergonomics. These are characteristics that live sound engineers around the world have come to rely on, and are key aspects of the MIDAS legacy. With these design elements in mind, Kutty set forth to create a styling that would be modern, innovative, futuristic, and stunningly elegant. Many different construction materials were tested. Countless design variations were explored. And in the end, a styling was chosen that represented the perfect marriage between aerodynamic artistry and uncompromising performance. The design is both ultramodern and distinctly classic at the same time.
The Landmark in Console History
MIDAS is the Epitome of Excellence
In 2013, MIDAS approached me to create a new design language for MIDAS and with it a new mixing console. Having designed for Bentley, I am intimately familiar with the challenge of transforming a brand while retaining the precious heritage – in this case the 40 year old iconic British mixing console brand MIDAS .Representing the pinnacle of its industry, MIDAS is the Epitome of Excellence. When it comes to ergonomics, performance and style, the aspects of a high-performance luxury car equally apply to a high-end mixing console. I was given a blank sheet of paper for my choice of materials. This meant considering lightweight materials such as top-grade aluminium, while using a sophisticated steel construction, for high-impact structural areas.From the onset the idea was to break the mould! Hence the form study deliberately tried to break away from the static, bulky feel of today's mixing consoles. Instead making it more dynamic, ergonomic, yet luxurious. Colours, size, mobility and hardware were given equal importance to arrive at the M32R - a true projection of the brand, today.