Zoom H4n Pro 4-Channel Handy Recorder (All Black)
New. And Improved. ZOOM H4N PRO Record cleaner, clearer, and closer than ever before. Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting, and Beyond
RECORD CLEANER, CLOSER AND CLEARER THAN EVER BEFORE.
Advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and built-in cutting-edge effects make the H4n Pro the ultimate portable 4 track recorder for musicians.
TAKE YOUR LIVE SHOW HOME
The H4n Pro is capable of recording the loudest and heaviest performances, up to 140 dB SPL without distortion. Take a line-level* stereo feed from the mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE PREAMPS
The H4n Pro features high-performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
USB AUDIO INTERFACE
Functioning as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
Capture two seconds* of audio before you hit RECORD with the Pre-Record function and never miss the start of a great take.
The Auto-Record and Auto-Stop functions allow the H4n Pro to automatically start and stop recording according to your designated levels.
THREE RECORDING MODES:
- Stereo Mode can be used with the built-in X/Y microphones or external mics, and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, and more.
- 4-Channel Mode records with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs to capture live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
- MTR Mode (Multi-Track Recording) turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
- INPUTS | The H4n Pro offers two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with switchable phantom power. Additionally there is a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8” input jack.
- OUTPUTS | Monitor your performance with headphones or connect to external devices using the stereo 1/8” line output with dedicated volume control.
MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE
Record, edit, mix and master your music with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software.
Choose from a variety of effects, including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, amp and cab emulators and more. Practice with an onboard metronome, tuner and looper.
FEATURES OF THE H4N
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
HERE’S WHAT COMES WITH THE H4N PRO.
- Operation manual
- 2 x AA batteries
- Protective case
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
- OPTIONAL H4N PRO ACCESSORIES
- PCH-4n Protective Case (compatible with both Zoom H4n and H4n Pro Handy Recorders)
- WSU-1 Universal Hairy Windscreen
- MA-2 Mic Clip Adapter
- RC4 Wired Remote Control
- HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- AD-14 AC Adapter