AKG C451B-STEREO-PAIR Matched Pair of C451B Cardioid Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
This new mic is a performance / price breakthrough. It has an acoustically identical version of the legendary CK1 capsule that is permanently mounted. This combination can handle high output transients as well as subtle harmonics. Also included are switchable 75 and 150Hz 12dB per octave rolloff, and switchable -10 & -20 dB input pad. It is a single pattern (cardioid), and has a frequency response of 20 to 20kHz with 135 dB SPL. Requires 12 to 48V phantom power. Kit comes with bag, windscreen and clip.
For more than twenty years, the AKG C 451 with the CK 1 condenser capsule was a standard item on tour riders for sound companies and required by leading engineers for studio projects. When it was discontinued in 1993, there was still a big demand for this microphone. AKG now has an updated version of this classic microphone.
The new C 451B provides the same frequency response as the legendary CK 1 with the same slight high-end rise that was the signature of the original. This characteristic makes the C 451B an ideal tool for capturing signals rich in transients such as acoustic guitars, snare drums, hi-hats and for overhead micing of drum kits. The C 451B’s response eliminates the need for heavy EQ on these instruments.
The new C 451B has also benefited from newer electronic technology with machine soldering and surface-mount components that improve noise performance and make the microphone much more reliable than the original.
Other special features include switchable 10 dB and 20 dB preattenuation pads and switchable low cut filters at 75 Hz or 150 Hz. Standard accessories included are an SA 40 stand adaptor, W 90 windscreen and a rugged zippered bag. Each C 451B also comes with an individual frequency response printout.
The C 451B is also available in computer-matched stereo pairs as the C 451B/ST with the same accessories plus the H 50 stereo bar in a single case. Three-year warranty.
- Ultra-smooth response with slight rising on-axis frequency characteristic
- High front-to-back rejection ratio
- Transformerless output for low distortion at high operating levels
- 10 and 20 dB pad
- Switchable 12-dB roll-off at 75 or 150 Hz
- Transducer type: condenser
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 9 mV/Pa (-41 dBV)
- Self noise level: 18 dB-A
- Dynamic range: 117 dB
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Switchable pad: -10 and –20 dB
- Sound pressure level for 0.5% THD: 135 dB SPL (unpadded); 145 dB SPL (-10 dB pad); 155 dB SPL (-20 dB pad)
- LF roll-off: 12 dB/octave at 75 and 150 Hz
- Power requirement: Phantom powering, 9 to 52 Vdc
- Output connector: 3-pin XLR-M
- Finish: Satin nickel
- Size: .75 inches diameter (19 mm) 6.3 inches length (160 mm)
- Net/shipping weight: 4.4 oz. (125 g)/1.7 lbs. (760 g)
- Included accessories: SA 40 stand adapter, W 90 foam windscreen, padded carrying case, H50 Stereo Bar